I feel completely outdone by the postings on here so far. Crystal, you need to put up your reviews from summer conference! :o)
My reading list thus far includes:
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
The Pursuit of Godliness by Jerry Bridges
Moo by Jane Smiley (academic satire as a graduation gift from my advisor)
Of more distant interest:
Middlemarch by George Eliot
works by Virginia Woolf
works by Eudora Welty
Canticle for Leibowitz
The Sound and the Fury by Soren Kierkegaard (if I feel particularly adventurous)
Also, as lighter reading:
Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy
novels by Stephen Lawhead
Sophie's World and The Pursuit of Godliness are currently in my backpack that I'm taking overseas, so they'll be read first. They're both good so far. Sophie's World is a leisurely philosophical novel, and I've only read the first couple of chapters of Bridges's book, in which he stresses that our search for living Godly lives must be based on an understanding of grace and the help of the Spirit.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.