Here are the dozen books I picked out to read over the summer, organized topically.
Literature
Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Man and Superman by George Bernard Shaw
Religion
The Everlasting Man by Gilbert Keith Chesterton
George Whitefield by Arnold A. Dallimore
Living the Cross-Centered Life by C. J. Mahaney
Thought
Godel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter
Art and Physics by Leonard Shlain
Economics
An Introduction to the Theory of Interest by Joseph W. Conard
A General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money by John Maynard Keynes
Entertainment
Manalive by Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell: A Novel by Susanna Clark
It should be possible to read all of these books before August by reading one book each week. If there are other books that the group would like to read together and discuss, I would be happy to add them to my list.
I look forward to hearing about the books that you all read over the summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.