21 May 2009

Crystal's list

The books I've finished so far have been light reading:
--The Giver - Lois Lowry
--The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve (yeah, I know.)

The books that are now in my purse every day:
--Bible (ESV)
--The Loveliness of Christ (excerpts from Samuel Rutherford's letters)
--Christian Apologetics - Cornelius Van Til
--Seeing with New Eyes: Counseling and the Human Condition Through the Lens of Scripture - David Powlison

Stuff I never finished reading in undergrad that I want to read now:
--Purgatorio and Paradiso - Dante
-- Confessions and City of God - Augustine
-- The Midnight, The Nonconformist's Memorial, and Singularities - Susan Howe
-- The Office of Soft Architecture - Lisa Robertson
-- Augustine of Hippo (biography) - Peter Brown

Other stuff I might get to:
-- Some Yeats, Eliot, Frost, and Bukowski
-- The Brothers Karamazov - Dostoevsky
-- The Concept of Anxiety - Kierkegaard

I haven't unpacked my books yet. I might have to update this list later.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, this is a great book list. I've read The Giver, and I would like to know what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.